Local School Opens Spring Play to Community
Hinckley-Finlayson Public School District ISD 2165 will be hosting the first ever spring community play! Original script “Wendy of Neverland” written and directed by local director Emily Randa.
In the years since Hook’s defeat Wendy Darling has returned to Neverland many times. Each year (or the years Peter remembered) he came back to whisk her away for a visit. Although Wendy longed to talk about the “old days” with Peter names like Hook and even Tinkerbell meant nothing to him. Their shared adventures had been entirely forgotten. So when the day came that Peter looked into her face and could not deny that Wendy had gone and grown up he taught her daughter how to fly.
Wendy has gone after them. And with the help of a few other friends she’s determined to make herself the new Captain of Neverland and prove that the years have only made her craftier and more cunning then a little boy could ever be.
This production will include dance and choreography. It will run 60-90 minutes. Planned cast size between 20-40.
- The Spring Play at Hinckley-Finlayson Public Schools, ISD 2165, will take place June 17-19 at the Ostrand Fine Arts Center.
- Friday June 17 and Saturday June 18, performances will be at 7pm.
- On Sunday June 19 there will be a matinee performance at 4pm.
- Tickets are $5.00 for adults, $3.00 for students attending Hinckley-Finlayson. Senior citizens and staff members enter free.
- For more details visit www.hf.k12.mn.us or call 320-384-6277
This activity is made possible by a grant through the East Central Regional Arts Council, with funding made possible through the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the East Central Regional Arts Council thanks to a legislative appropriation from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund